Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday!

Boy, am I glad its Monday! Want to know why? Because it means that I finished tiling my back porch last night! Hurray! I tell you what, I NEVER want to tile anything again. I am SO glad it is not my daily job to tile houses. My knees are killing me (I even wore knee pads) and I think I took a layer of skin off my hands and arms from the thin-set and the grout. That stuff really dries out the skin. BUT, it looks BEAUTIFUL! I haven't taken any pictures yet because it still needs to be mopped and cleaned up a little, but I'll post some when its all the way complete. (Btw, big shout out to Mom and Dad and Amber and Julian for helping get the grouting done!)

Today, I am trying to get everything ready for my classes tonight. I completed the extra-credit quiz for Human Development and finished reading the chapters. I have also read some more, but not all of the chapter I need to read for Anatomy. Man, that book is dense. Plus, I find sensory receptors boring. Really boring. Snooze-worthy.

Let's see, what else is going on? I told the children's minister at church that I would teach a rotation of a little kids class, so we'll see how that goes. I am going to a MOPS Meet and Greet tomorrow morning, so that should be interesting. Um, I guess that's it!

4 comments:

  1. yay that you are going to do a rotation at church! The kids will so love it! And love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing woman you are! Tiling and going to school and being such a great Mommy and wife and daughter! What is MOPS? Where is it? I'll be thinking of you for your back appointment - praying that all is OK. I'm so proud of you for taking a rotation of the 4's and 5's class. The kids will love you - and what a great age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you're going to MOPS. Everyone has told me that I need to check it out and I want to. Maybe after volleyball. Can't wait to see your porch! Sorry my book isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think you need to stick to stucco. Even though it dries out your skin just as much, at least you don't have get on your knees!

    ReplyDelete