Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lovely Saturday and Sunday!

What a nice Saturday this has been! Colin was at his Nanny's house, so Keith and I got to sleep in, which was lovely. I had gotten canollis for us the night before but we never got around to having them so we had the for breakfast in bed. Then, after quick showers, we headed to Lowes to pick up wood stain and to check out tile for the back porch. We picked out a really pretty tile that looks like stone and the grout. It was funny, all the tile and materials were so heavy that our car couldn't carry everything in one load!

We brought everything home and then headed across town were we met Keith's family for pizza at Hungry Howies. We had a really nice time eating and hanging out. Colin was crazy and excited at the restaurant. He enjoyed running from Daddy to Nanny to Aunt Julie, with some Austin thrown in there too! He was really upset when we got in the car to head home.

The rest of the night, Keith had to work on the sermon that he would deliver in the morning, tweaking things and getting his Keynote presentation perfect. SO, because I am usually a huge distraction to him, I took myself, some dove chocolate, new nail polish, and a movie into our bedroom. I had a nice time giving myself a pedicure (I even tried out the PedEgg and it surprisingly worked really well!) while I watched Pillow Talk. It was very relaxing!

Sunday morning was very nice also, although a bit more stressful. Keith preached a really encouraging sermon about God's remembrance. It was a good to revisit the chaiasms in the bible and the message "God remembered Noah". Especially since I have been feeling so frustrated and uneasy about job prospects,  it was good to hear that God has an amazing, steadfast love for me and will always remember me.

From church, we headed to "Fan Day" at FSU and got to meet a bunch of football players! He, cousin Eli, and Papa also hung out with some cheerleaders! Check out the pictures: (they were taken on my phone, so aren't the greatest.)

Go Noles!
Cheerleaders at Fan Day
Eli and his girlfriend!
Grandma scored Colin FSU balloons!!
What a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Man, that was a full weekend. I sure had a blast doing all of that (well except for the pedicure and Pillow Talk movie)! It was really good to see Rachel and Alvaro at Hungry Howie's too. Glad they're back in Florida. Hey, maybe we can stop by and see their apartment this weekend if they're home when we drive through Gainesville.

    ReplyDelete