Wednesday, September 1, 2010

50th Post!!

I am excited because I am posting for the 50th time today! Not that there is anything especially significant about it, but I do like the number! I am having a pretty good day today so far. Colin woke me up early, but it was fine since I needed to make sure pay bills anyway, so it worked out. He ate breakfast while I worked on the computer, so that was nice also because he doesn't usually like it when I am distracted and not playing with him. By the way, he is learning to eat by himself and today he fed himself a bowl full of yogurt and made hardly any mess! I just had to remind him to use his spoon instead of his fingers a couple of times.

Its nice to have a calm and peaceful morning after a bit of a stressful day yesterday. I went to the MOPs meet and greet yesterday morning with Colin. For those of you who don't know, MOPs stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and is a church-based program for moms to get together and talk, learn new things, share food, etc. while the kids are babysat for a few hours. I think it will be nice, but since I didn't know anyone yesterday, going to a houseful of women and chatting was extremely exhausting for the somewhat-introverted person that I am.

From MOPs, I dropped Colin off at my mom's and headed to my doctor's appointment to get the results from my MRI on my back. Well, it was bad news (no real surprise there since my back and leg have been killing me). I have re-herniated my disc, but not only that, but it actually looks worse (bigger) than the first time! SO, Dr. Lee wants to preform another surgery. Keith and I are discussing the logistics.

In the evening, I had my first Anatomy and Physiology II quiz. I had read my chapters, highlighted definitions, made notes, etc. Then, I printed the quiz, answered the questions on paper before submitting them on the computer.  When I was sure that I had answered them to the best of my knowledge, I submitted by answers on the computer and got...a 47%.  That's right people, I had FAILED my first A&P II Quiz!! I just about had a nervous breakdown. I was crying, telling Keith that was it, I couldn't do it, and wondering what I was going to do with myself. After all, I had not been able to get a teaching job and was banking my future on this nursing degree.  I started looking over my answers to see where I had gone wrong, how I had done so badly, when I noticed that the answers the computer had recorded for my quiz were NOT the ones that I had input! When I re-graded my written quiz - I had actually only missed 3 questions out of 35 - a 91%!!! Whew! Now to get my professor to understand and re-grade my quiz. I sure hope he does.

Ok, enough about yesterday. I'm ready to move on with today. I think we have playing on the new porch, maybe going to the park, and naps in our future! Enjoy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That is TOTALLY crazy about your quiz! I sure hope your professor adjusts your grade. You poor girl! Too much stress for you lately. I'm moving you to the top of my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete