Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy Thursday

I made a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf and a potato casserole for dinner tonight. I've never been a meatloaf fan and, because of this, I've never made it at home, but I decided to try out a Paula Dean recipe tonight. It actually turned out really good! Even Colin ate a whole plate of meatloaf and potatoes, although he took off the bacon from on top of the potatoes. WHO DOESN'T LIKE BACON??? Crazy kid.

In other news, I got a call from two schools today about jobs! One of the schools was a high school looking for a part-time position - 9th and 11th grade. They were going to call my references and check out my portfolio and then call me about an interview tomorrow. The other was from a middle school for a full-time position - 7th grade language arts and reading. They are going to call tomorrow about an interview also. SO, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it sure was nice to get those calls today.

Oh, and I had another MRI for my back today. Ashley was nice enough to come over and go with me to the MRI, both for moral support and to watch Colin. I was so appreciative. The MRI went ok, even though I freaked out a little bit at first because of the tight space and I had to have an IV, which was no fun. I go back to the orthopedic surgeon on the 31st to see what he has to say. Lets hope for no surgery!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, I think I dreamed about Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf last night. Good stuff. Hey, I'm proud of you for making it through your MRI in that little tube for an hour!

    ReplyDelete