Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday Weekend and Back Pain

I am sorry that I have not blogged much in the past few days. It has been quite crazy around here lately. As of last Wednesday and Friday, I have a new nephew and niece! Elijah Asher Jobe and Arianna Naomi Hernandez were finally born and I spent much of the weekend running up to the hospital to see babies and mommies. And, although they stole time away from MY birth month, I guess I will forgive them because they are so darn cute. Just don't expect me to give up my day. I am selfish, I know, but I don't care. I like having a day that is all about me.

Here are pictures of the babies:

Eli:


Arianna:


And here is a picture of me holding Arianna:



When I wasn't traveling to and from the hospital, I was celebrating my birthday and visiting with old friends. Friday night, I had dinner at the mall and got to walk a round a bit. I haven't done that in a while. Saturday, I had lunch with my high school friends, Montse, her husband,  Justin, and their son, Xavier, and Kari. We went to Cabos and it was really yummy. It was nice to see my friends again, it had been almost two years. Here is a picture of the three of us and the babies:


Then, Saturday night,  I went to dinner at Friday's with Keith and our friends Rebecca and Mike. It was very nice and surprisingly quiet for a Saturday night. I had a really fun Pink Punk Martini, which was basically a cosmo poured over cotton candy! Sweetness profound!

Sunday night, my family (including my two sisters and the new babies but minus my sick son and sweet husband) took me out for dessert at Macaroni Grill. Boy, do I love that place! Plus, my mom made me chocolate cheesecake. Here's a picture:


And here is one of Duncan and I (for good measure):


On Monday, somehow I injured my back again. I was getting dishes out of the dishwasher and then, all of a sudden, I couldn't stand up straight. I called the surgeon and have an appointment on July 15th. Despite my back re-injury and because I am just fabulous, I was able to embellish two onesies for my new niece and nephew and make a new sling for myself! Wow, I am amazing. Did I mention that I also made chocolate chip cookies?? Oh yeah!!

Here is a picture of the cutie onesies:


It is now the Thursday before school gets out. My classroom is empty and my garage is full. I am spending lots of time looking for and applying for jobs. I am happy that it is going to be summer but I am also sad and worried about next year's prospects. Oh well, here's to the end of school!

5 comments:

  1. those onesies are adorable!! (you need an etsy store!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pic of the sling please! how do you use the sling nowadays? i tried using it with maddie on hip but it just wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and i miss you and your fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wad at your house yesterday and you didn't show me the sling! I, too, want to see! And, yes, you are simply fabulous! I love Elijah's onsie and can't wait to put it on him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, when you look back on it, you did have a really good birthday week! Those babies were really nice gifts and wanted to be there to celebrate their aunt's special day. We'll have to consider the suggestion about putting up a store for you on Etsy...

    ReplyDelete