Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Vacation

Today was my last day at work and it was, actually, pretty sad. Well, it wasn't until I went to the office to turn in my keys and they wanted my ID badge too. They've never wanted that from me in the past. It really made me feel like I was fired and never coming back. So, I went home in a funk. I hate feeling that way.

I am so glad, however, that today is the first day of my summer vacation. I have SO many things planned that I want to do and get done. I have a HUGE to-do list and it is a bit overwhelming. Much of it deals with cleaning and decluttering my house. I feel like it looks so bad right now (most people who see it disagree with me) but for my standards, it is a wreck and makes me not want to stay home. I really want to get things done, but I think I am going to put that all aside for today and blow up Colin's baby pool and take him outside to play instead. I'll post some pictures later.

Oh, I did mark one thing off my list already though! I made some cute-as-ever headbands for my niece, Arianna. I can't wait to see them on her, but until then, here is a picture of the headbands without the baby.



Another thing, I got a new cookbook called Sky High. It is for tripple layer cakes! I can't WAIT to try one of the recipes. They all look SO good. I am going to make one for my brother's girfriend, Ashley's birthday on Monday. I'll post pictures of that too!

Ok, the boy woke up! I'll write more later!

3 comments:

  1. those are adorable!! She's going to be the cutest little girl in town! Big hug! Something will work out as far as what to do in the fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you're going to post pics of the cakes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you are on Summer vacation (and jealous). The headbands were so cool and I can't wait to taste your triple-layer cake!

    ReplyDelete