Monday, July 12, 2010

Dreams

Last night, I had two really weird dreams as a result of coming off pain medication (for the second time). For the most part, I could not sleep last night. I was hot and tossing and turning, but the two times I did drift off, here are my dreams:

In the first one, Keith and I were shopping. It was in a big store, kind of like Best Buy. The store had electronics, appliances, furniture and recliners. We were looking for some furniture for Colin. As we rounded the corner, about to head down the aisle with the recliners, I notice that the two guys checking out the recliners are not wearing pants! I am standing in shock as they tell Keith that they had to make sure they really liked them, as satisfaction was guaranteed!

In the second one, I was going to have to take a lot of different pills and I was holding one particular bottle that caught my attention. The pills were like little crystals and the bottle was glass. It looked old. I was tapping the side of the bottle with my extremely long fingernails, making the crystals bounce against the side of the glass. When I woke up, I realized that the chain from the ceiling fan was clinking against the base and had worked its way into my dreams.

No more drugs for me!

On another note, I have begun to realize, or maybe I have always known, that I am a very impatient and sometimes angry person. I have a hard time waiting, especially with big things, and I worry a lot. Also, I have a hard time letting go of my anger, especially when I have been hurt. These are some things I really want to work on. Keith put several bible verses together for me today about waiting and trusting in the Lord, and I thought I'd share them with you. They are good reminders and great verses to pray. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Seek first the kingdom of God and all of these things will be added to you. Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find. I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong, take heart and wait for the Lord. I will never leave you; I will never forsake you. The love of the Lord is never ceasing. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness!"

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I understand. I was having similar issues recently and during my quiet time came across this scripture...

    Ps. 40:1-2 (NLT) I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,and he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. 3 He has given me a new song to sing,a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.

    I started claiming this scriputre and am happy to say that God has started answering my prayer (can't wait to share the whole story with you once I know how it ends). I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask me to tell you about my pow frog painkiller dream someday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of something Chris Bishop would've told for communion meditation at CCF back in the day - starting off with a dream of pantsless men in recliners and finishing it with, "...His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness!" :o)

    ReplyDelete