Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Fun!

I don't know about you, but we had a GREAT 4th of July weekend! It started out by getting up late on Saturday morning. I don't think there is anything better than the whole family sleeping it. Pure heaven, I tell you! Because we got up so late, I guess it was around 10:30 or so, we ate a quick breakfast at home before heading out. I didn't make anything really elaborate, which is usually what I like to do on the weekends.

Anyway, we took Colin to Tom Brown Park's playground and it was a perfect day to go to the park. It was overcast and breezy and so much fun.  Colin got to run all over the playground, up and down bridges and platforms, and went sliding on some pretty big slides with mommy and daddy. We also swang some. There was also a water mister at the playground, so if it got too hot we could go over and stand under the mist, which was cool.

From the playground, we went to the salon and the whole family got haircuts! This was Colin's first cut and he did SOOO well. He sat really still and didn't cry or go crazy or anything! We got him a balloon and cookie from Publix to help him keep his cool. The pictures aren't very good since they were taken with a cell phone, but here are a few:


On Sunday, we went up to Keith's mom's for lunch and had a really good fried chicken and mashed potato dinner! Yum. There was even apple pie! Can't get more American than that! Then we had all the kids in the backyard playing games and running through the sprinkler. It was a super fun afternoon.

Then we took Colin to see the fireworks in Killearn with some of our friends.  We thought that he'd really like them because he loves lights, but unfortunately, he was really scared. He didn't scream or cry or anything, but he tried to climb over Keith's shoulder and was pointing to get away. I took him and walked him as far away as I could and tried to plug his ears. Oh well. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got Colin a hair cut!! And you've been waiting for him to actually get hair for so long! I'm glad he did well. Of course he did, he was my grandson!

    I'm glad you had such a good weekend. Next year we must celebrate together!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin was so good getting his haircut, I was proud of him. He looked like a grown-up little boy. What a good day. (I noticed you forgot to mention the detail that Austin and I beat you and Leah at cornhole!)

    ReplyDelete