Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bad Start

Its been a bad start to the week, so I decided on some baking therapy. I made extra-marshmallow rice krispy treats on Monday. They were gone last night. Then this morning, I made the dough for homemade pop tarts (adapted from smittenkitchen.com). The dough was really sticky, so I put it in the fridge to harden for a while, which was good since Colin decided to wake up just as I had finished wrapping it in saran wrap.

I am going to take Colin outside to run in the sprinkler now, then when we come back in and he goes down for a nap, I'll try rolling them out. I'll let you know how they turn out and post pictures if they turn out good. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope things get better in a hurry! :) Let us know about the pop tarts -- I have thought of trying but have never gotten as far as finding a recipe. What are you going to fill them with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might be interested!

    http://hanowellphotography.com/blog/2010/07/15/contest-calling-all-tallahassee-bloggers/

    ReplyDelete