Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Julie and Julia

I am watching Julie and Julia today while I fold laundry. I absolutely love that movie. I so relate with Julie who is struggling to find her purpose, who is sometimes selfish and has emotional breakdowns, and who has a fabulous husband who puts up with her. I also relate with Julia, who absolutely loves food, both the cooking and the eating. I wish I could go to cooking school in Paris. Anyway, no use dwelling on things I can't have. Instead, I just keep enjoying cooking and baking!

This weekend, I made the most delicious peanut butter sandwich cookies. They were so cute too. I was told more than once that they look professionally done. They were cute little ruffle-edged cookies with a creamy peanut butter filling. Keith said they tasted just like nutter butters. I would have posted a picture of them, but last night, Keith ate ALL of the remaining cookies! Sorry!

I won't be cooking or baking anything new for a few days - I am having a second back surgery on Thursday. Tonight I have to study for my Anatomy and Physiology class and tomorrow night I have class, so cooking will have to wait. Instead I have to concentrate on the housework that I won't be able to do for the next few weeks. Today, I cleaned the bathrooms, did laundry, and did the dishes. Tomorrow, I am going to tackle the floors, my most hated chore of all. Ok, the break is over...on with the work!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I ate 'em all - but they were just too good! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be praying for you regarding your surgery. and i agree that floors are the WORST chore. hate them. mopping, ughhh..vacuuming, worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hate doing my floors also, because I have this thing about not being able to do them until the entire house is clean, and I must do ALL THE FLOORS at once or dirt from uncleaned areas just gets tracked into cleaned areas.

    But I *lovelovelovelovelove* after they're clean. MMmmmm.. I love my kitchen floor after it's just been steam mopped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that movie! Keith ate all my cookies?! Right before you put them in the box to mail them?!

    I'll be praying for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that movie too! Angela and I watched it about an hour before I went into labor with Norah :) We said the same thing -- it is the first movie I have ever seen that remotely portrays what my actual marriage relationship is like -- at least, the part where I whine and get neurotic, and my husband tells me that I am awesome and I should quit whining. ;D

    And it makes me want to cook and eat everything that I see, except maybe aspic. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love that movie! I must own it! And those cookies! Those cookies!! They were to die for! And yes, very professionally done. Wish I could have some more.

    I am so glad your surgery went well, and demand you take it much easier this time, young lady! I love you!

    ReplyDelete