Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tests, Guests, and Dinners

Its been a while since I've last posted. Sorry about that! Things have been busy in the Mudd household this past couple of weeks. I have had a crazy whorl-wind couple of weeks at school, with tests in my Anatomy lecture class (I got a 90!), my Human Development class (I got an 83. Still a B, so ok), and a practical exam in my Anatomy Lab class (haven't got a grade back on that one yet). SO, I've been studying my head off, spending more time with my nose crammed in a book or making notecards then I usually like. Ha. Who likes studying?

However, I did get to take a nice break from studying last weekend when Keith, Duncan, and I took a trip to Orlando to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure! Yay! Even though I couldn't ride much (I think all I rode was Jurassic Park, Posiden, which isn't actually a ride,  and the Popeye water ride), I still had a great time, especially because the atmosphere is so cool and the company was so good! Plus, I had a mug full of butterbeer and got my very own Hermione Granger wand!!!

On our way home from Orlando, we stopped in the Villages (near Ocala) for church on Sunday, where my dear friend, Sam, was the missionary speaker for the day. The church service was very nice and we went out to lunch with some members of the congregation at the Villages Country Club. After lunch, Sam headed to Tallahassee with us to spend a few days visiting before heading back to Atlanta. It was so nice to see her, especially since she had been in Guinea, West Africa, for two years! I especially enjoyed introducing her to my son. Here is a picture of the two: (they quickly became fast friends after jumping on Sam's bed together!)

Colin and Sam
Since I had a friend visiting, I decided to make a special dinner for her! I thought, since the fall weather is FINALLY arriving, it would be a good night for a mixture of late summer vegetables and comfort-food, so I made stuffed shells with eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash topped with marinara sauce and a mixture of Italian cheeses. Here are a few pictures of the meal. I couldn't resist taking one before the marinara sauce was on because it was so pretty, and then Sam took some of the completed meal when she, Keith, Colin, my mom, and my sister shared it while I was at class.


Yum! Plus, you get to see some of my fall decor!

Today, since I have FINISHED (round of applause, please) my tests for the time being, I am going to concentrate on house work and sewing! I have a lot to get done before Christmas, so I've gotta work hard. Good thing I enjoy it! Ok, one more picture of Colin and his cousin, Eli, for the road:

Grandma took this picture of my son sitting on his cousin!
See ya'll later!

3 comments:

  1. Man, that stuffed shell dinner with eggplant, zucchini, and squash was amazing. I can't wait to have some leftovers of it tonight. I'm proud of you for studying so hard in your classes - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause, clap - clap - clap!

    Oh - I want to see the wand! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor son! Ha! I am so glad that Colin loves his cousin so much!! The dinner was really spectacular, I have to say. Way to go, sneakily getting me to eat squash!

    ReplyDelete