Saturday, May 15, 2010

Decisions

I am so looking forward to this weekend, even though it will be a weekend filled with decisions to make about future plans. It has been a LONG week at work. My kids finally finished The Great Gatsby and are taking their unit test on the book today. I think most of them ended up liking the story and enjoyed doing their final projects, especially the presentation part since I teach a bunch of hams. I am glad to have the book done and am SO happy that I only have 13 days left of school.

Tonight, Keith and I are taking Colin to the FSU baseball game and relaxing. Then, for the rest of the weekend, I will be working on making decisions about future plans. The first thing that I really need to work on is getting my resume up today and in order. I am also going to create an online portfolio to send along with my resume so that future employers can check out sample lesson plans, handouts, work samples, etc. I will also be job searching, applying for jobs, and sending out inquiries.

The second thing I need to decide is summer plans. I have to decide where I am going when so that I can buy plane tickets. This may be the more difficult of the decisions to make because I have a few places that I really want to go but don't know if they all will be possible. I hate making hard decisions!

Ah well, I best get started if I am going to get anything done at all. When I've got my portfolio website created, I'll post a link and you all can tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am so glad that you only have 13 days left of school - you have worked so hard this year, and deserve a break. You are such an awesome teacher! Remember, while you are making your decisions, that although you are unsure of your future, God's got your back; he owns tomorrow! Listen for His voice to guide you, and trust Him to lead you. I love this little poem: "I see a step before me as I tread on another year; I've left the past in God's keeping, the future His mercy shall clear; and what looks dark in the distance will brighten as I draw near." I am praying for you daily and asking God to make his guidance both clear and obvious to you. I am confident that you will have an awesome summer! I'm SO THANKFUL that you'll be in Montana with me.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help you with the summer plans. Come out to San Francisco. It would be the best and longest traveling playdate.

    ReplyDelete