Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Poo Poo and Other Things

So, I think Monday was my first real indoctrination to mommy-dome. Keith had picked Colin and I up from work and, instead of going home, Colin and I had some errands to run and then were just going to hang out in the car until Keith got off work. We ran the errands with no problems and got quickly back to Keith's office. I took Colin out of his car seat and had him sitting on my lap, playing with the steering wheel and all the buttons, while we waited. He loves to pretend he is driving the car (don't worry, the car was off)!

All of a sudden, I notice that there is a wet feeling on my pants. Great, I think to myself, Colin has peed through his diaper and gotten me all wet. Nope, it wasn't pee at all, it was runny, stinky, brown poop! On top of that, I had no diaper bag with me, meaning, I had no diapers I could change him into, no change of clothes, nothing. I checked the clock and we only had about 15 minutes left to wait, so I decided that I could just deal with it, ignore the smell, and then change him quickly when we got home, but he would have to stand up until then because I didn't want any more stinky, smelly poopoo on my leg.

Does anyone know how hard it is to keep a one year old standing? Well, now I do! Colin almost refused to stand up, instead he was bouncing up and down on my legs, each time with a little squish squish and more wetness on my legs. I have never thought that I would be able to handle this sort of thing. Smells have always effected me and could literally have me gagging. Somehow, I don't know what gave me the strength, I was able to stand the poopy kid on my lap without throwing up. But, not for long. After a few successive squishes, I said forget it, I will chance getting the kid out of the car and re-injuring my back to run into Publix for some diapers and wipes. Although this is one of the grossest things I have ever had to endure, I am proud to say that I can stand having my son poop on me because I am a MOM! And I think I am a pretty darn good mom too!

On another note, last night was the return of Glee, one of my favorite TV shows of the moment. I was very excited for the first episode of the season and had a great time hanging out with Keith, Duncan, Ashley and Erin at our Glee Party! We stopped by Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery to survey their cupcakes. Erin, Ashley, and I are bakers and have gotten pretty close to professional in our cupcake skills and we had to see what the Cupcakery had to offer. You know, compare ours to theirs. We got a variety, so that we could be sure to make fair judgments. The flavors we purchased were: Chocolate Espresso, Red Velvet, Coconut, and Banana Peanut Butter. After taste testing, the red velvet was a general winner, but how can you go wrong with red velvet? The chocolate espresso also got a high rating with a good mixture of chocolate to coffee flavor, a light chocolaty icing, and a nice crunch of espresso bean. However, the coconut was disappointing. The cake was just vanilla with no coconut, pretty dry and crumbly, and little flavor. The icing was good, but again, just vanilla with some coconut sprinkled on top. I have to say that my coconut cupcakes seriously demolish theirs in taste tests. The banana peanut butter also received a less than excellent rating. While the peanut butter icing was good, the cake was again dry and did not have enough banana flavor. I totally think that Ashley, Erin and I could demolish the Cupcakery if we ever decided to open our own shop!

Then we went to Circa Sushi for some sushi and some Thai food. The wait service was very good and the waitress was very helpful, attentive, and sweet. The sushi was also good. Duncan and Ashley especially seemed to enjoy theirs. As far as the Thai food though, I've had better. The Pad Thai lacked that peanutty good flavor and was a bit heavy on the onions. It also felt extremely greasy. But, the pork dumplings were excellent and the spring rolls that Erin ordered looked really good too.

Tonight is baseball night and I am very excited about going to see FSU play Jacksonville and relaxing with a hot dog and a coke. I love baseball and the calm atmosphere. :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather, this story made me laugh hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, been there, done that. This is laugh out loud funny!! And yes, you are now officially a "mom".

    ReplyDelete